Saturday, November 27, 2010

Three more days...

Three more days and 8,075 words to go. I can't believe I'm doing this. I can't wait to revise it into something smooth. I can't wait for life to get back to normal!

Somehow I've managed to keep up with word count with sporadic typing marathons. Somehow I prepared the house for weather blast from the Arctic that hit the Seattle area two days before Thanksgiving and kept us prisoner with sub-freezing temperatures and drifting snow. Seattle doesn’t get snow like this in November. It’s the first time I was hoping for the rain.

The memories of barbequing the turkey three years ago during a power failure and the flavor of charcoal fire-starter flavored turkey haunting my every step as I baked pies and got the house ready for guests, hoping that the driveway would melt before they arrived. Our drive way is 150 feet, a lot to shovel. We did not lose our power however 50,000 of my neighbors did . . . including the grocery stores and gas stations.

Everything worked out fine in the end, although I didn’t write for 3 days. Three more days and 8,075 words to go. I can't believe I'm doing this.

No comments: